7 Reasons A Defendant May Be Placed Back In Jail By A Bail Bond Agent
It is agreed that the
defendant can and will be arrested and returned to jail, without refund of your
bond fee, for ANY of the following reasons:
(1) Willfully fails to pay the premium to
the surety or willfully fails to make a premium payment under the agreement
specified in G.S. 58?71?167.
(2) Changes his or her address without
notifying the surety before the address change.
(3) Physically hides from the surety.
(4) Leaves the State without the permission
of the surety.
(5) Violates any order of the court.
(6) Fails to disclose information or
provides false information regarding any failure to appear in court, any
previous felony convictions within the past 10 years, or any charges pending in
any State or federal court.
provides the surety with incorrect personal identification, or uses a false
name or alias. (1963, c. 1225, s. 5; 1975, c. 619, s. 1; 1998?211,
s. 30; 2001?269, s. 2.3; 2007?399, s. 1.)